Safe Birth Insights


Mothers talk about their safe birth experiences – how they chose their obstetrician and pain relief.

iTunes icon


Media Release

Call for improvement of Australia's overstretched health system

Avoidable deaths of infants in Victoria's regional centres highlights the strain on Australia’s overburdened hospitals.


Safe Birth Ambassadors

Renee Porta tells her birth story

Renee Porta and children“...our obstetrician gave us excellent care but also support and reassurance during this very difficult time.”


The National Association of Specialist Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (NASOG) is a not-for-profit professional association representing specialist obstetricians and gynaecologists, the experts in women’s health care.

Expert care

Obstetricians and gynaecologists are doctors who have completed a further six or more years of specialist training on top of a five or six year medical degree to provide expert care for all aspects of women’s health.

Supporting women

Obstetricians and gynaecologists care for women from adolescence through their reproductive years and beyond. We support women through fertility issues and pregnancy, caring both for healthy women and babies as well as those who face complications of infertility, pregnancy and birth. We help women with hormonal and contraceptive issues and period problems; those requiring simple and complex pelvic surgery and those facing cancer or pre-cancerous conditions. We work closely with GPs, midwives, nurses, physiotherapists and other health professionals to provide comprehensive care for all aspects of women’s health.

Ensuring safety

Australia is recognised as one of the safest countries in the world to give birth or to be born. NASOG strongly endorses our collaborative, proactive model of obstetric and midwifery care for all women giving birth in Australia. The safety of this existing model of care is confirmed by research from Australia and around the world.

Read More



Trainee? Free Membership Register Now!

Not a Member? Register Now!

Looking for a Specialist?

If you are looking for a specialist obstetrician or gynaecologist, use our Find a Specialist tool. You can search by name, suburb, postcode, state or by specialty.